To Current and Aspiring Republican Members of Congress:
You Republicans seem to be happy these days. Sorry to rain on your parade, but I have some news for you. Listen closely.
- You are not the party of choice for Tea Partiers and libertarians. You are a cheap substitute. For years, you have betrayed the ideals of limited government by getting in bed with big business and spending like inebriated seamen.
- If you do take back the House, the Senate, or both, do not expect us to go away. We will be watching.
- We are not idiots. We know how close this country is to a complete financial collapse. Don’t blow smoke up our proverbials by telling us the Federal Reserve will make it OK.
- Get off your soap box about who we should marry, what drugs we should take, and what we should read, watch, and say. We can manage that, thank you.
- Don’t think we are blind to your coziness with big business. We are not amused when you pretend to be for free markets while you shield your friends from it.
- Tell us the truth. You have lied for years about Social Security, Medicare, and the fragility of our whole financial system. We may forgive mistakes. We won’t forgive lying.
This is your last chance. If you don’t think we can grow a third party to kill you off, just try us.